We will work with pre-school practitioners, infant teachers, teaching assistants and other adult helpers, to build their confidence in teaching about development issues such as food, trade and sustainable development. We will do this by:
• Developing the use of outdoor/experiential learning to introduce development issues to young children through the concepts of interconnectedness, sustainability and fairness
• Making links with food producers and rural craftspeople so that the project themes are relevant and real to children
• Working with practitioners in regular Focus Groups to introduce learning resources such as the Meet Zogg storybook and topic boxes, and develop new activities and classroom resources alongside practitioners
• Supporting practitioners to develop ways to engage parents and families in learning about the project themes
• Enabling practitioners and children to establish links with the Cumbria Fairtrade Network
• Supporting schools and EY settings to establish and nurture links with schools and food producers overseas, including EU and sub-Saharan Africa.